Make this sweet, quick, and easy Red Truck DIY Christmas Decor Idea, I think you’ll love!
Today, I have a quick and easy Red Truck DIY Christmas Decor idea that I just love and hope you do too!! I found my red truck ornaments and bottle brush trees at Target. Target just knows what people like, right? It’s like they’re reading our minds. I buy most of my ornaments and Christmas supplies there.
But, I’ve seen similar Red Truck ornaments at Dollar Tree and WalMart that would look super cute too. Amazon has a huge selection of great red truck Christmas ornaments to pick from. And Amazon has a cute unfinished craft truck you can paint red or any other color you like.
Even though you may not be able to find these exact items, don’t worry. Use this easy Red Truck DIY Christmas Decor idea to spark your own creativity and put your own spin on this project.
If you’re looking for a big Dining Room table-sized version of this Christmas Decor Idea, check out this DIY Red Truck Christmas Table Centerpiece. And, check out the fun and easy DIY Christmas Ornament Ideas I made with some of the stuff in the picture below. 🙂
What you Need
- Large Wood Slice, about 12″
- White Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brush for paint
- Mod Podge
- Multicolor Embroidery Floss
- Bottle Brush Christmas Trees, various sizes. Pick a scale that works with the truck you find.
- Snowflake Confetti or Sparkly Snow Glitter
- A Red Truck Ornament
Steps to Make this Easy Red Truck DIY Christmas Decor
- Use the foam brush to apply a thick even layer of white paint to the wood slice. I like to keep it about 1/2″ from the edges to leave a pretty edge. This is supposed to look like snow, so you don’t need to make the edges perfect.
- After that dries, apply Mod Podge to the white paint and quickly sprinkle it with the snowflake confetti. Make sure the confetti is broken up before sprinkling or it will stick in clumps. This confetti adds a bit of fun sparkle to this easy Red Truck DIY Christmas decor.
- While that layer of Mod Podge and confetti dries, lightly wrap embroidery floss around some of your bottle brush trees. I like to use multicolor embroidery floss for more colorful trees.
- Pick an arrangement for the bottle brush Christmas trees and your Red Truck Christmas Ornament, then glue in place with the Mod Podge or a glue gun. If you want to use that Red Truck or the bottle brush trees again later, then skip the glue.
- That’s it, guys! How stinkin’ quick and easy was that Red Truck DIY Christmas Decor, right?! Pop it on a table or counter top for a little extra Christmas cheer in any room.
Check out my DIY Christmas Decor videos on YouTube for more project inspo.
Looking for more homemade Christmas Inspiration? Check out the easy DIY Christmas Ornament Ideas in this post.
Or, 12 more great Handmade Christmas Ornaments to make with the family this year.
And, here’s that big DIY Red Truck Christmas Table Centerpiece Idea.
I also have 40+ DIY Christmas Projects, Crafts, and Home Decor Ideas in one big Christmas-y post.
I love this beautiful DIY Acrylic Paint Pouring Wall Art tutorial.
And, this sweet DIY Barn Star Wall Art.
Feeling inspired? Get out there and make your own Easy Red Truck DIY Christmas Decor. Follow the links above to get the things you’ll need. Have fun and let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.