Who Is Stephanie Abbott?
Hi! My name is Stephanie Abbott. I’m the blogger behind Abbotts At Home. I started my blogging adventures in late 2016. But, I’ve been into all things DIY for about 30 years.
I started off as a craft-loving kid in Cincinnati. I’d often try to get my Mom to teach me how to sew and make pillows. I’d follow my Dad around learning about things like drywall, painting, framing, and landscaping.
Back then, my Dad that owned an HVAC company and built custom homes on the side. So, I grew up visiting job sites and living in a home that had constant DIY projects happening.
As a teen, I helped my Dad do yard work and assist with lots of home remodeling projects. Sometimes I had to do things like paint a room or help install duct work before I was allowed to go out with my friends.
After all of that work, I picked up a few skills from my Dad and a BIG LOVE for DIY and working with my hands. Decades of watching This Old House probably helped too. Thanks Dad (and Bob Vila, wherever you are)!
Follow Abbotts At Home On Social Media
Getting Started In Home Remodeling
In my 20’s, I did some furniture remodeling for my apartment, then flipped a few homes while working full-time as a Software Developer.
But, after a few hard years, I got tired of basically having 2 full-time jobs and put all my tools in storage for a while. Then in 2009, I moved from Cincinnati to Orlando with the plan to spend my life there.
After just 6 months in Orlando my boyfriend, who was living and working in Egypt at the time, changed all that. He proposed to me in front of the pyramids at Giza. Who could have ever imagined that??
A year later, we married in Orlando and I was off to Cairo to live without a job or any idea when I’d be moving away from Egypt. But this was just as the revolution was starting in Egypt and things were changing in Cairo.
So, we decided to move to Houston, Texas just a year later. I was happy to be back in the US and super excited to have a new “old home” to start remodeling.
We’ve been here for 11 years now. And, for the last 7 years I’ve been a full-time DIY blogger and YouTube content creator.
Between the Abbotts At Home blog and the Abbotts At Home YouTube channel I share all of my home remodeling, home maintenance adventures, cleaning hacks, and the occasional woodworking project.
Popular DIY Projects
Here’s 10 Popular Posts, You Might Like.
- 8 EASY Ways To DRY Paint Cans For Disposal (How To Harden Paint)
- What To Use In A Bissell Spot Cleaner: 6 Best Alternatives
- 24 Great Ways To Repurpose an Unused Dining Room
- 5 Best Ways to Remove Dried Citristrip on Furniture and Wood: Easy DIY
- How To Stain Wood Furniture Without Stripping (4 Easy Steps And Video)
- 16 Great Ways to Repurpose an Unused Formal Living Room
- How Do I Get Rid of Cable And Still Watch TV: Easy Guide
- Testing 7 Easy Ways To Get A Heat Stain Out Of Wood (With Video And Tips)
- 15 Best Ways To Make An Old Ceiling Look Better: Easy, Cheap And Pretty Ideas
- 3 Easy And Best Ways To Clean White Kitchen Cabinets – Plus, 3 To Avoid!