How to use Easy Off Oven Cleaner Fume Free to make your oven LOOK NEW with LESS WORK. Plus, answers to FAQs and a quick video guide.
Using Easy Off Oven Cleaner Fume Free
If you have a dirty oven that just won’t wash clean, try Easy Off Oven Cleaner Fume Free. It’s great at removing years of baked in burnt food, oils, and grease!
It even worked wonders on my super dirty oven, that I hadn’t cleaned in probably 5 years. Yikes, I know.
I honestly spent years telling myself that I needed to clean the oven as soon as it cooled down. Then completely forgetting about it until the next time I had it heated up.
Some links on this post are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
But, I am so glad that I finally remembered to give my oven a deep clean.
And, Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner made it so easy to clean. With the help of a scrub sponge and a razor, I had that oven looking practically new in no time!
Here’s my top tips for getting the best clean with Easy Off Fume Free. And, answers to tons of common questions about using Easy Off Oven Cleaner.
Table of contents
- Using Easy Off Oven Cleaner Fume Free
- How To Clean Your Oven With Easy Off Fume Free
- How Do You Clean A Really Dirty Oven?
- Does Easy Off Fume Free Smell Bad?
- Can I Leave Easy Off Oven Cleaner On Overnight?
- Can You Use Easy Off Fume Free On Self Cleaning Ovens?
- What Happens If You Spray Oven Cleaner On The Heating Element?
- Is It Better To Use Oven Cleaner Or Self-Clean?
- Cleaning Oven Racks With Easy Off Oven Cleaner
- How Long After Using Easy Off Can I Use The Oven?
- Can You Spray Easy Off On Oven Glass Door?
How To Clean Your Oven With Easy Off Fume Free
Let’s start with the quick and easy steps I used to clean my oven with Easy Off Oven Cleaner. Then I’ll go into more details you might need.
Don’t forget, the oven must be cold and remain off for the entire cleaning.
Do not spray oven cleaner on the pilot light, electrical connections, switches, heating elements, fan or thermostats.
Deep Clean Your Oven With Easy Off Oven Cleaner Fume Free
- Remove the racks and set them aside.
- Wipe any loose food residue off the bottom of the oven with a damp rag.
- Hold can 9 to 12 inches away from surface. Spray an even coating of Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner inside the oven. See the note above about where oven cleaner CANNOT be used.
- Optional, place plastic wrap over the Easy Off Oven Cleaner on the bottom of the oven and on the inside of the oven door.
- Let the Easy Off Fume Free sit in your oven for 2 hours before cleaning.
- Scrape off the layers of food residue and oils with a plastic razor blade.
- Wipe off all the residue you scraped with a paper towel.
- Use a damp scrubbing sponge to scrub off any leftover stains in the oven.
- Spray on more Easy Off Fume Free to any spots that are hard to scrub. Let it work for a couple minutes. That should make that spot easier to scrub.
- Wipe away residue with paper towels, as needed. Rinse your scrubbing sponge out with hot water as you go.
- Once clean wipe down the inside of the oven with a clean rag soaked in hot water. Rinse off residue and repeat until you’ve removed all Easy Off residue inside the oven.
- After wiping the oven clean, you can start using your oven again. Near the end of this post, you’ll find my tip for getting rid of the Easy Off scent after using easy-off oven cleaner.
Oven Cleaning Tips
Plastic Wrap keeps the Easy Off Oven Cleaner wet longer, helping it penetrate deeper on the dirtiest spots. Plastic Wrap also helps hold the spray in place on the door.
Using a plastic razor blade makes removing thick layers of oven goop a lot easier and faster than scrubbing. And, the plastic razor won’t scratch glass or the enamel in your oven.
Keep the oven light OFF for the 2 hours that the oven cleaner is working on the oven. Oven lights produce heat that will dry out the oven cleaner, reducing it’s ability to penetrate stains.
ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW the safe usage instructions on the container before using any cleaning product.
What I Use
Click the links to see each item on Amazon.
- Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner
- Plastic Razor Blades
- Scour Daddy Scrubbing Sponge
- Paper Towels
- Microfiber Dish Rag soaked in warm dish water
How Do You Clean A Really Dirty Oven?
I’ve tried a bunch of homemade oven cleaners and store-bought cleaners. And, using Easy Off Fume Free with a plastic razor blade is the BEST way to clean a really dirty oven, I’ve tried.
If you have any questions about the steps above, watch this video to see me clean my really dirty oven using Easy Off Fume Free.
Does Easy Off Fume Free Smell Bad?
Easy Off Fume Free doesn’t smell bad. Easy Off Fume Free has a citrusy scent that isn’t very powerful. The fumes aren’t overpowering AND they don’t fill the kitchen the way that some heavy duty oven cleaners do.
I was able to clean my entire oven without getting a headache or feeling overwhelmed by this cleaner. And, I did not use a mask while using this product.
Just be sure to hold the can far away from your face while spraying. It IS NOT safe to inhale this spray or to let it get into your eyes.
Can I Leave Easy Off Oven Cleaner On Overnight?
You can leave Easy Off Oven Cleaner on overnight, if that’s easier for you. But, if the product dries out overnight, you’ll need to spray it again before cleaning.
Dry oven cleaner is much harder to remove than wet cleaner. You can cover the oven cleaner with plastic wrap to help keep it wet overnight.
The longer the oven cleaner is wet, the longer it has to penetrate the stains and food residue on your oven. I use this same plastic wrap trick when Stripping Paint from Wood Furniture.
Can You Use Easy Off Fume Free On Self Cleaning Ovens?
You can use Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner on self-cleaning ovens. BUT, you cannot use Easy Off while the self-cleaning feature is on.
Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner should only be used on a cool oven that won’t be turned on while Easy Off Oven Sprat is inside the oven.
What Happens If You Spray Oven Cleaner On The Heating Element?
If you accidentally spray Oven Cleaner on the heating element, you can use dish soap and warm water to gently wipe the oven cleaner off of the heating element.
Oven Cleaner shouldn’t be used to clean the heating elements. It can damage the heating elements if left on them while the oven is hot.
Don’t scrub the heating element with rough scrub sponges or brushes, it can scratch or damage the heating element.
Also, do not start the oven or the self-cleaning feature while oven cleaner is inside the oven. It could cause a fire.
You can protect the heating element from spray by wrapping it with foil while you clean. Just, don’t forget to remove the foil before using the oven again.
Is It Better To Use Oven Cleaner Or Self-Clean?
Some people prefer to use their ovens self-clean feature. It’s a great way to clean without chemicals and scrubbing. But, there are some big negatives to using the self-clean on an oven.
Self-cleaning ovens work by heating up to such a high temperature that it actually burns off the food residue built up in an oven. But, that “burning” fills your house with a pretty stinky burning smell.
All of that high-heat burning can also produce carbon monoxide and strong fumes from the burnt food and oils, or even the enamel coating in the oven.
The fumes and odor can temporarily irritate eyes and lungs. You should only use it when you are able to open windows to air out all of that stink from the self-cleaning oven.
The self-cleaning oven also produces a ton of heat that can warm up the kitchen. And, it will be running for hours and hours to work properly. That’s a lot of heat added to my kitchen.
So, I definitely avoid using the self-cleaner in the summer months. It’s already hot enough in Texas! I really don’t want to pay for extra Air Conditioning just to run the self-cleaner.
And, that extra high heat can also make the oven door hot enough to burn anyone or anything that touches. That’s obviously worse when you have kids or pets in the house.
So, I never use my oven’s self-cleaning feature. It just seems like oven cleaner is the safer, easier choice.
Cleaning Oven Racks With Easy Off Oven Cleaner
I like to clean my oven racks outside to avoid making a mess in my sinks and tub. I put the racks on a heavy duty garbage bag, spray on the oven cleaner, let it work for 20 minutes.
Then I was able to scrub everything off pretty easily with my Scour Daddy. Then I rinsed the racks clean with my hose. It was super easy, guys!
If your oven racks are stainless steel or enamel coated oven racks (like mine), you can probably use Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner on your oven racks.
You can’t use Easy Off Fume Free on aluminum. So, check your manual to be sure what your oven racks are made of.
How Long After Using Easy Off Can I Use The Oven?
You can use your oven immediately after using Easy Off Oven cleaner. Just be sure that you have washed away ALL of the Easy Off residue with warm, dish water BEFORE turning the oven on.
AND, even though it is safe to use the oven right away, I recommend not cooking in it right away. The cleaner has a mild scent that is left behind in the oven.
When you use the oven after easy off cleaning, that scent can make your food have the same scent. So, I always run the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to “bake out the smell”.
That way, the heat and the oven fan running will help to remove any leftover scent before I cook anything.
Can You Spray Easy Off On Oven Glass Door?
Yes, you can spray Easy Off Fume Free on an oven glass door. Easy Off Fume Free is great at cleaning oven glass doors. Just check out how clean my glass is after using Easy Off!
That’s it for everything you need to know about using Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner.
See more of my Best Cleaning Posts
- 8 Popular Cleaners People Use That Damage Your Grout (and Grout Sealer)
- How to Clean Area Rugs At Home: Easy Guide & Video
- What To Use In Bissell Spot Cleaner: 5 Best Alternatives
- How To Clean A Couch At Home With The Bissell SpotClean
- Best Way To Deep Clean Car Seats – Easy Steps & Video
- Is A Steam Mop Good For Tile Floors? With Tips For Cleaner Floors!
- Remove Water Stain from Ceiling Without Paint – 1 Easy Step
- 3 Easy And Best Ways To Clean White Kitchen Cabinets – Plus, 3 To Avoid!
More Popular Posts For You
Here’s everything you need to know about How Do I Get Rid of Cable And Still Watch TV: Easy Guide.
I LOVE this post on how to Restain a Door without Removing It: Easy One Day DIY!
And, this post on 16 Great Ways to Repurpose an Open Formal Living Room.
Or, this post on How To Fill the Gap Between Cabinets and Floor (Super Easy).
That’s it for using Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.