Build a beautiful Farmhouse Coffee Table for under $200!
The DIY Modern Farmhouse Bench I built last year has been one of my most popular projects. I have had quite a few requests for printable plans for that build this year. And, some questions from people that want to turn that bench into a coffee table. So, I finally decided it was time to draw up these DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table Plans.
Of course, the original photo tutorial for the bench build is still available. Printable plans just make life easier when you’re working in the garage. And, plan drawings can be easier to understand. Since they are able to show details in a way that a photo can’t. 🙂
Let’s get to these DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table Build Plans!
Download the plans at the end of this post.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT. Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Read the full disclaimer here.
DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table Plans with 5 New Top Designs
Let’s start with a look at the new coffee table top designs! I used dark and light wood colors on the diagrams to make the different pieces easier to seen. You can go with all one color, mix and match stains, or even use your favorite paint.
Printable Build Plans for this DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table are available for purchase on Gumroad. If you find any of these steps confusing, the printable will help explain things better, with plan images of each step and measurements 🙂
How to Build this DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table Frame
- Make your cuts using the measurements above. Remember, don't cut the Tongue & Groove until the bench frame is fully assembled so that you can double-check measurements before cutting.
- Use your Kreg Jig, set to 3/4" thick wood, to put 2 pocket holes on each end of the 1"x4" and 1"x3" Select Pine boards (8 boards, 32 pocket holes total)
- Sand those Select Pine boards and legs with 120-grit sandpaper. Sand all 4 sides of board and smooth down the long edges to give it a softer look. Keep the edges that connect to the legs square.
- Use the Kreg Drill Bit, Screws, and glue to assemble the bench. Make sure to always wipe away glue with a damp cloth as you go.
- The 1"x4" boards are used for the top apron. Start by assembling the short sides of the bench. The apron should be level with the top of the legs. I used a scrap piece of 1/8" thick paneling to get the 1/8" set back on the apron.
- Use the 1"x3" boards for the bottom apron, using the 1/8" setback again. The bottom of these boards sits 1 3/8" from the bottom of the legs.
- Assemble the short sides completely before moving on to the long sides. Once they are done, assemble the longer sides following the same steps.
- Add the ledge for the Tongue & Groove to the inside of the 1"x3" apron. The T&G is 3/4" thick, so the ledge should be glued and nailed 3/4" down from the top.
- Cut 9 T&G boards at about 16 1/8" long. Get the exact measurements from your bench. This will vary based on whether or not you got that 1/8" setback in step 5 perfect.
- Cut the tongue off (leaving the groove) of 1 of those 9 to have it fit against one side. Once the tongue is off, measure and cut your notch outs for the legs. Use your jigsaw to cut.
- Slide the next pieces in place till you need to get your notch out measurements for the last full piece. Mark and cut these.
- The final end will need about a 1" wide piece cut. Once everything is cut and dry fit, to verify, glue the T&G to the 1"x2" ledge.
- Now you should have a completed frame. Wipe away any excess glue again. Then let everything set and dry.
- Apply wood filler as needed.
- Once the wood filler has dried, sand any spots that may need another pass, wipe off the dust and dirt to prepare the surface for priming.
Next, pick one of the 5 hard top or the upholstered top design you want. Then build and attach the top to your DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table.
Want to know how to build a beautiful DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table or Bench? You've come to the right place. This pretty table looks like something you'd find at your favorite home stores, but will save you hundreds of dollars.
You can buy the Printable Build Plans with measurements and 3D Drawings by clicking the link to the Printable Plans.
Watch this Video for Another Quick Look At this Build
Would you rather buy? There’s 30 beautiful, highly rated, budget-friendly coffee tables on this big list of the 30 Best Amazon Coffee Table.
Looking for a big bench for your backyard? Check out my L-Shaped Backyard Bench tutorial.
If you need a great little desk for your elementary age kids. Check out this DIY Childrens Desk with Storage Drawers.
Or this beautiful DIY Over Washer and Dryer Laundry Table.
Feeling inspired? Get out there and build your own DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table Plans. Have fun and let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.