How I gave our Traditional Living Room some Modern Farmhouse Style with pops of fun, beautiful color!
Welcome, welcome. For those of you that are new here, hi! I’m Stephanie. I blog about all things DIY and Home Remodeling. My blog focuses mainly on projects I work on for my own home. From wallpaper to furniture design, DIY wall art to restoring your dingy grout. I share it all here. So, my Colorful Modern Farmhouse Living Room Makeover is a mix of DIY furniture, remodeling, and of course, lots of fun shopping finds.
This Living Room Makeover has been a 7 week long Marathon of big DIY projects! It started with renting scaffolding that I practically lived on for a weeks worth of painting. Then I got busy building side tables, ottomans, and more while some contractors remodeled our fireplace. That new shiplap is such an upgrade, right?!
Oh yeah, you haven’t seen it yet. Let’s get to those before and after pics. Prepare to be shocked, friends. 😉
Colorful Modern Farmhouse Living Room- Before Photos
Here’s a quick reminder of where this room started, last month. It was boring and blah, but worked as a play space for babies. Now that the boys are getting older, it was time to add style to this room! You can see more of the before photos in this post full of our ORC modern farmhouse living room makeover plans.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT. Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Read the full disclaimer here.
My Colorful Modern Farmhouse Living Room Makeover Plans
- Remodel the Fireplace Wall with a Modern, Traditional Millwork Design
- Paint the walls, ceilings, and crown molding – walls and ceiling are now Behr’s Sandstone Cove
- Build and Upholster 2 new Ottomans – 1 decided to just build one ottoman for now
- Reupholster 2 Wing Chairs – ended up just doing 1 chair too. Didn’t want to be too matchy, matchy
- Build 2 new Side Tables – Done! full tutorial coming soon
- Add a Farmhouse Console Table Behind our Couch
- Move the TV above the Fireplace
- Rearrange the Layout around our Great Views – yasssss, and it’s so much better!
- Add new lighting, wall art, decor, throws, pillows…basically, add the icing!
Quick Note: I’m sharing this living room makeover as part of the Fall 2018 One Room Challenge. Follow the link to see a page full of inspiring indoor and outdoor rooms being made over by over 200 talented designers and DIY bloggers. But first, grab a cup of coffee, you’ll want to see them all. So much inspiration, guys!
Colorful Modern Farmhouse Living Room- Reveal Photos
Check out how using a light paint color on walls in our home has been a BIG WIN for me.
These before and after Master Bathroom Makeover pictures. I couldn’t be happier about this makeover!
And, check out how to stain a front door without removing it.
Feeling inspired? Now you know how we got our Colorful Modern Farmhouse Living Room Style. Let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.