Quick and Easy DIY Shower Niche Installation Steps, Tips, and Video for homeowners that are comfortable doing DIY remodeling.
DIY Shower Niche Install Time
Hi again! If you’re keeping up with our Master Bathroom Remodel, you probably saw my last post with the before photos and design plan for our new bathroom.
This time, I have the demo photos, plumbing and counter top updates, and the quick and easy DIY Shower Niche Installation Video.
The contractors are gone now. They were able to get a lot of work done in about 10 days. Before they hung the Hardie Board for the shower, I got in there and framed in a new, bigger shower niche. And, this is an easy DIY, guys. Check out the video below to see just how easy it is.
Be sure to stop back soon, I’ll be sharing the DIY Plank Ceiling I’m installing in the bath, the tiling I’m working on now, and more big changes coming to the bathroom! And, check out how I built our garbage cans into our vanity cabinet doors to keep them out of site and away from little hands, or paws. 🙂
Some links on this post are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Tools Needed to Frame a Shower Niche
- Reciprocating Saw to cut the 2×4’s
- Optional Circular Saw or Jigsaw to start the cut
- Drill and 2 1/2″ Self Tapping Wood Screws
- 2X4 Stud
- Tape Measure, Carpentry Square, and Level
DIY Shower Niche Installation Video
See More DIY Projects from this Master Bathroom Remodel
UPDATE: The Master Bathroom is finished. Check out the finished Bathroom or any of these DIY projects from the remodel.
- Before and After Master Bathroom Remodel Reveal
- Blue DIY Chalk Paint Bathroom Vanity Makeover
- How to Install Picture Frame Wainscoting with Video!
- The Latest Master Bathroom Remodeling Pictures!
- Marble Mosaic Tile Bathroom Installation Tips & Photos
- 10 Beginner DIY Tips for Installing Floor Tile
- DIY Plywood Plank Ceiling – Faux Shiplap Install
- Classic Marble & Blue Master Bath Makeover Plans
- Build a DIY Cabinet Door Mounted Garbage Can
Looking for another Easy Home Maintenance Project? You can Restore your Grout to Like New and this product seals grout too. Yay! Watch the quick video to see how easy it is, then click here to see the Grout Restoring Tutorial.
Feeling inspired? Now that you’ve seen the bathroom demo and DIY Shower Niche Installation. Let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.