It’s TRUE the Antique Shops in Round Top, Texas are fantastic! Here’s my favorite furniture shopping pics from my recent trip to Round Top Texas.
Antique & Furniture Shopping in Round Top Texas
I was happily flipping through the latest Magnolia Journal last month when I noticed a mention that the Spring Round Top Market was happening soon.
Well, I live just an hour and a half away from Round Top. And JoAnna Gaines loves going there. So, I decided it was time to take the family on a road trip. And I am so flipping happy I did, guys!
There is so much beautiful countryside, fun, antique and furniture shopping in Round Top Texas. I can’t wait to go back!
AND I didn’t even make it to the temporary market stalls that you see on Fixer Upper. We happened to park next to the permanent shops in town.
I somehow spent a few hours just exploring those gorgeous stores before I decided that all 3 of my guys had just about had enough. LOL. You know how it is with toddlers…and husbands. 😉
Some links on this post are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
But that 3 hours was enough to get tons of inspiration and decide I’d definitely be going back to Round Top. Let’s get to the pics and you’ll see why I loved my shopping trip to Round Top SO MUCH!
Antiques & Furniture Shopping in Round Top Texas
OK, all of those pictures were from the Old Glory shop in Round Top Texas. Now, let’s talk about some of the other great shops I visited.
More Furniture and Antique Shops in Round Top Texas
Antique Shopping Tips for Round Top Texas
Here’s a few quick tips to help you plan your antiques and furniture shopping trip to Round Top, Texas.
- Check the dates and info for the Round Top Antiques Fair before you go. It happens every Spring and Fall.
- You can skip the busy fair weekends and spend a whole, happy day in the permanent stores at Round Top. Those shops are full of beautiful clothes, art, home décor, and furniture. But Round Top is quite a small town, so many of the shops will only be open 3 to 5 days a week when the fair isn’t going on. So, check before you go if you want to visit a particular store.
- Driving to Round Top, Texas? It’s 99 miles to Houston, 120 miles to Waco, and 73 miles to Austin. Personally, I love the idea of a Girl’s Weekend with a day in Round Top and a day in Waco visiting the Magnolia Silos and their new restaurant. Check out pictures from our first trip to the Magnolia Silos in Waco. Waco is a much larger city than Round Top. And it’s beautiful too. You could easily spend 2 days in Waco. 🙂
- I barely scratched the surface of the awesome shops in Round Top, guys! I missed quite a few large shops. Plus, there are antiques stores in neighboring towns that are supposed to be great too. Check out this site for info about the local shops that are open year round in Round Top! Here are a few of the shops I loved and will definitely visit again:
- Old Glory Antiques is just breathtaking and full of beautiful, stylish furniture and décor.
- Junk Gypsy’s Headquarters is absolutely fabulous and fun!
- Townsend Provisions is full of charming finds and fun tees.
- The Humble Donkey gallery is full of quirky furniture pieces, gifts, and art.
- Royer’s Pie Haven is a great spot for coffee and pie, of course.
LOOKING FOR MORE pictures and travel tips from Round Top Texas?? Head over to the next post for more Round Top pictures and lots of fun finds at the Junk Gypsy Headquarters. You’ll love their rockabilly, colorful, distressed, country glam style!
More Photo Tour Posts You Might Like
- Furniture and Home Interior Design Ideas
- More Furniture Design Ideas for Your Home
- Before and After Laundry Room Makeover – Low Budget
- DIY Before and After Small Powder Room Makeover
- Before & After DIY Home Living Room Makeover
- Before and After 2 Story Foyer Makeover with Molding
- Family Room Makeover On A Budget!
Popular DIY Projects
Looking for more DIY Inspiration? Check out this DIY for a beautiful Board and Batten wall.
How to Remove Water Stain from Ceiling Without Paint is always a popular post.
So is this Simple DIY Coffered Ceiling Design.
And, everyone with dingy grout should read this Does Grout Renew Work? My Before And After Review post.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.
Leanna | Faeries and Faunal
Monday 4th of June 2018
This is worth saving up and making a vacation out of. Wow, we simply have nothing like this. What a fantastic way to spend the day. I love it.
Wednesday 6th of June 2018
Oh thanks, Leanna! I hope you get to visit one day. :)
April J Harris
Friday 1st of June 2018
Pinning! Thank you for sharing this fun excursion with us at the Hearth and Soul Link Party. The Magnolia Journal hasn't made it over to the UK yet, but I often buy it when I'm in the US. I'm sure I'd enjoy a visit to Round Top! Have a great weekend!
Saturday 2nd of June 2018
I'm surprised they haven't found a way to get it to the UK yet. I remember seeing a huge newsstand somewhere in London that seemed to sell everything ever made. I bet that guy has it. :) Thanks for stopping by. You're comments are always so nice.
Monday 28th of May 2018
Thank you for giving us a glimpse at Round Top. I hope to get there soon!
Monday 28th of May 2018
Thanks, Virginia. It really is a place for people who love unique furniture!
Sunday 27th of May 2018
I can tell you had a fabulous time. I never realized they have permanent shops. With the shops you can go anytime. I can see why you wanted to bring everything home.
Sunday 27th of May 2018
I was so happy I finally went. Those shops aren't far from here. I'll have to remember to head back the next time I need something for the house.