Join me for a little tour of the amazing furniture shopping in Round Top Texas!
I was happily flipping through the latest Magnolia Journal last month when I noticed a mention that the Semi-Annual Round Top Market was happening that week. Well, I just live an hour and a half away from there…and I’ve never been…and JoAnna Gaines loves going. So, I decided to take the family on a road trip that Friday. And I am so flipping happy I did, guys! There is so much beautiful countryside, fun, and furniture shopping in Round Top Texas. I can’t wait to go back!
AND I didn’t even make it to the temporary market stalls that you see on Fixer Upper. We happened to park next to the permanent shops in town. We spent a few hours exploring those gorgeous spaces before I decided that all 3 of my guys had just about had enough. LOL. You know how it is with toddlers…and husbands. 😉
But that 3 hours was enough to get tons of inspiration, pie, and decide I’d definitely be going back. If you live in Texas or plan to visit the Waco, Houston, or Austin areas; then Round Top, Texas might be worth a day trip for any furniture, art and antiques lovers! You’ll see what I mean when you see these pictures, friends! 🙂
UPDATE: After checking out this post, head over to the next post for more Round Top pictures and lots of fun finds at the Junk Gypsy Headquarters. You’ll love their rockabilly, colorful, distressed, country glam style!
Furniture Shopping in Round Top Texas: Old Glory Antiques
More Charming Shops Full of Vintage Style
But first, a few quick tips to help you plan your fun and furniture shopping in Round Top Texas trip!
- Check the dates and info for the Round Top Antiques Fair here. It happens every Spring and Fall.
- BUT you can skip the fair stalls and spend a whole, happy day in the permanent stores. Those shops are full of beautiful clothes, art, decor, and furniture. But Round Top is quite a small town, so many of the shops will only be open 3 to 5 days a week when the fair isn’t going on. So, check before you go if you want to visit a particular store.
- Driving to Round Top, Texas? It’s 99 miles to Houston, 120 miles to Waco, and 73 miles to Austin. Personally, I love the idea of a Girl’s Weekend with a day in Round Top and a day in Waco visiting Magnolia Silos and their new restaurant. Check out pictures from our first trip to the Magnolia Silos in Waco. Waco is a much larger city than Round Top. And it’s beautiful too. You could easily spend 2 days in Waco. 🙂
- I barely scratched the surface of the awesome shops in Round Top, guys! I missed quite a few large shops. Plus, there are antiques stores in neighboring towns that are supposed to be great too. Check out this site for info about the local shops that are open year round in Round Top! Here are a few of the shops I loved and will definitely visit again:
- Old Glory Antiques is just breathtaking and full of beautiful, stylish furniture and decor.
- Junk Gypsy’s Headquarters is absolutely fabulous and fun!
- Townsend Provisions is full of charming finds and fun tees.
- The Humble Donkey gallery is full of quirky furniture pieces, gifts, and art.
- Royer’s Pie Haven is a great spot for coffee and pie, of course.
- LOOKING FOR MORE pictures from Round Top and travel details? The next post has even more fun & furniture shopping in Round Top Texas. I’ve got some Junk Gypsy Headquarters awesomeness and a look at a few of the beautiful buildings around town.
Don’t forget to check out more furniture and home design inspiration photos from the 3rd monthly home and furniture design post too. And the 1st furniture and home design post is very popular on Pinterest. So, I hope you found something you loved in this collection of pictures. Maybe something that will spark your next room makeover. Or fun elements for furniture design ideas in your next build. See you next month!
Looking for more DIY Inspiration? Check out this DIY for a beautiful Board and Batten wall.
Or see how I transformed our Laundry Room from Orange and Tired into Awesome, with a few easy and affordable DIY Projects.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.