Did you know you can find low cost, beautiful, & durable rugs online? Here’s my picks for the Best Area Rugs on a Budget for your floor!
Best Area Rugs On A Budget
I love area rugs! They’re a great way to add color to a room. Just switching your rugs out can completely change the look and feel of a room.
I tend to pick solid color or neutral furniture and walls, then pick a rug with bold color and pattern in a room. Like the new rug I just bought for that family game room I’ve been remodeling lately.
I purposely like to find budget-friendly rugs for my floor so that I can switch them out every few years.
I stick to rugs that cost less than $300. Even the big 8×10 or 9×12 rugs I buy have to be under $300.
Some links on this post are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
I found so many really beautiful rugs for my floor on Amazon, that I decided I had to share them in this big list of the best area rugs on a budget!
Table of contents
Best Area Rugs on a Budget on Amazon
Where Can You Buy Cheap Area Rugs
There are 6 main places I go to when I want to buy a beautiful and cheap area rug. Here’s my list of go to stores for floor rugs.
- Target sells beautiful rugs. The selection isn’t huge, but it’s always great. If you see a rug at Target that you love but the size isn’t right, check their website. Sometimes larger sizes are available on the Target website.
- World Market also sells low-budget beautiful rugs. Many of their rugs are Jute or Natural Fiber though. So, do your research and be sure you know how to care for a natural fiber rug before you buy.
- Lowe’s, believe it or not, has had some great area rugs lately. Some of them can be expensive, but most are pretty cheap. And, Lowe’s has a pretty good selection of sizes, colors, and styles.
- At Home has a big selection of area rugs. But, I guess they have a big selection of every home good. Some of the rugs look cheap. But you can find beautiful and cheap rugs, if you hunt around.
- Home Goods is another store that can have great deals on huge area rugs. The selection or supply might be limited. But, sometimes you can score a beautiful rug there.
- And, finally, Amazon has a huge selection of rugs. Searching for a nice rug on Amazon can be kind of a pain though. You really have to keep scrolling through search results to find the gems. BUT, that’s why I put together this list of 17 of the best area rugs on a budget on Amazon. Hopefully these rugs will help you find a budget-friendly rug you’ll love!
Don’t forget to get a nice rug pad to make that new rug slip proof and extra soft under your feet.
Can You Clean Area Rugs At Home
You can easily clean synthetic area rugs at home. I use my Bissell Spot Clean to clean all of our area rugs. Just be sure to only wet clean rugs that are synthetic or that specifically say they can be cleaned this way.
You should always have antique, wool, natural fiber, and heirloom rugs cleaned by a professional.
I have a separate post all about how to clean area rugs at home. You can find step by step instructions, a how-to video, and my tips for cleaning area rugs in that post.
But, I have to say, another huge benefit of buying budget-friendly area rugs is that I don’t spend much money on them. So, I don’t expect to have them in 30 years. If I do, that’s great.
When you buy a $150 rug that you only expect to keep for 3 to 5 years, you know that wet cleaning it won’t wear it out before then. At least, mine haven’t. Although, I only have to wet clean mine once or twice a year.
Most of the rugs on my list of the best area rugs on a budget are synthetic. With just a couple Jute or Natural Fiber rugs mixed into the list.
Can I Use Area Rugs In A Bathroom
Yes, you can use area rugs in a bathroom. I am using a great rug runner in our Master Bathroom. It dries pretty quickly and has held up perfectly over the last few years.
Just be sure to pick a synthetic fiber for bathroom rugs. Wool rugs and natural grasses and fibers, like Jute, may shrink after exposure to water.
When you are picking an area rug for your bathroom, you also want to be sure that the rug is non-slip OR that you put a rug pad under it that will make it non-slip. No one wants to slip and fall getting out of the shower, right? 🙂
Instead of babbling on, let’s get to that list of the Best Area Rugs on a Budget for your floor.
You can see all of the Before and After Family Room Makeover pictures from this room now. They are A-Mazing!
That’s it for this list of the Best Area Rugs on a Budget, guys.
You might also like How to Clean Area Rugs At Home.
Does Grout Renew Work? Here’s my Before and After review of this grout paint.
Here’s 30+ DIY Home Improvement Tips and Tricks, I love!
Try this DIY Acrylic Paint Pouring Wall Art. It’s a fun and easy way to start making your own wall art.
New to Furniture Painting? Here’s How to Paint Furniture for Beginners, with everything you need to know to get started.
Feeling inspired? Now that you’ve seen my picks for the Best Area Rugs on a Budget, I hope that helped you find a rug you’ll love.
Let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.