Time to wrap up the past year and celebrate our DIY & Crafty accomplishments for 2017!
Today’s post is a round up of my Top DIY Projects in 2017. I checked a bunch of awesome projects off the to-do list, made some cool things that weren’t on the to-do list, and totally canceled or pushed back some other projects that I thought were important. So, you know, typical year for most people. 😉 Today, I’ve got what was most popular on the blog, Instagram, and Facebook this year. Plus, a peek at what’s coming up next year!
Have you thought about everything you’ve accomplished in 2017 yet? Just 9 more days left in 2017. So, it’s time to relax, enjoy the holidays, and take time to be happy about everything you’ve accomplished this year. We tend to focus on things we didn’t get done or on the accomplishments of other people. Well, stop it!
Maybe you didn’t do some of the things you hoped. But, I bet you could look back at your pictures for the last year and see a bunch of fantastic memories with your family, friends, and from working on awesome DIY projects. It’s time to pat yourself on the back! Yea, you!!
Now, on to my top DIY projects of 2017. I hope they inspire, in some small way, another year of creativity!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT. Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Read the full disclaimer here.
My 5 Top DIY Projects in 2017, most visits on the blog
- The Chunky Leg Farmhouse Bench is the big traffic winner! And my personal favorite too. I really need to find time to build more furniture. Hopefully in 2018…
- The Backyard Bench I built for the IG Builders Challenge. It was my first big furniture build and it was awarded First Runner Up. Crazy awesome, right!
- The Essential Garage Recipes printable has been pretty popular. Print this cheat sheet off for your garage too!
- This Kids PVC Pipe Tent is popular with my kids and super cute! It has also been viewed a lot. Especially for something I just posted a few months ago. 🙂
- People love this vintage camper and succulent garden mashup. And such an easy and quick DIY indoor gardening win!
My 5 Top DIY Projects in 2017, on Facebook
Videos are always the most popular posts on Facebook. So, no surprise, all 5 of my top posts are videos. If you are a Facebook fan, I’d love to have you follow Abbotts At Home on Facebook.
- A quick fix for those annoying White Heat Stains on Wood.
- How to transfer printed images or text onto wood and make cute signs with Paint Markers.
- An easy way to make your ugly grout look new!
- How to make a pretty Ebru Marbling Pattern in Resin.
- How to upholster something the easy, no-sew way!
My Top 9 Posts on Instagram
You can follow Abbotts At Home on Instagram here. I post pretty pictures from around our home, finished DIY projects, and sneak peeks at upcoming projects every week!
Coming in 2018!
Like I said earlier, you never know how plans may change. But right now I have a bunch of big projects and room reveals on the schedule for 2018. We may or may not be selling our house this year. So, that possibility kicked off a bunch of projects I’ve been putting off for years, of course. Even if we don’t sell, these really need to be done. I’m pretty excited about all of these changes and plans.
I hope you found something helpful or inspiring from my Top DIY Projects in 2017. Here’s a small list of my planned projects and reveals for 2018.
- Tray Ceiling Moulding Reveal and Full DIY (UPDATED with link to finished DIY)
- Master Bedroom Full Reveal with a few small DIY projects to make the room the star of the house
- Big Master Bathroom Remodel
- Master Closet Storage update and reveal
- Twin Headboard Build DIY (UPDATED with link to finished DIY)
- Our boys bedroom reveal (UPDATED with link to reveal. I LOVE THIS ONE)
- And here are a few of the furniture builds I’d like to do this year:
- An entry table and bench
- A sideboard for the dining room
- And a desk or two for our huge upstairs landing
Here’s to hoping I get a lot done this year. And that you do too! I’d love for you to join my new ‘Learn to DIY & Craft’ Facebook Group to find and share only awesome tutorials and how-to’s. Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy New Year! 🙂
Looking for a fun DIY for your kids or grandkids? Try this easy PVC pipe tent. It’s an instant win with kids!
Or, have a look at this DIY Yarn Tassel Garland. I even have an easy to follow how-to video.
Feeling inspired? Get out there and start something awesome. Have fun and let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.